Friday, July 17, 2009

Testimony:

From this point on my blog has been dedicated to genealogy work. I feel it appropriate being that I about to leave on my mission that I should share my testimony on my blog. First I would like to begin my testimony with genealogy work. I've enjoyed going to the temple every Friday consistently for the past three months. I have missed a few days, but overall my experience of going to the temple has drawn me closer to my heavenly father and I feel the importance of helping those who have passed on receive the blessings we receive here on the earth. When I'm in the temple I ponder the people I'm helping and the blessings they are now able to receive.

I feel blessed to be a member of the church. I know the principles taught are true. I have gained my testimony not from one experience but from a conglomeration of experiences. I can share one of these experiences. It is just a very small example but it made a huge difference in my life. I'm not sure who I heard this from but they were mentioning members of the church who were excommunicated and who came back to the church. The one thing those excommunicated said that they missed the most was feeling the gift of the Holy Ghost. That really bore testimony to me the Holy Ghost is real. I mean I've always known it is real, but sometimes I forget because I've been able to have to privilege to have it with me when ever I'm being righteous. Whenever I have doubts about the church I think back to hearing about that experience and it strengthens me and helps me to know I have a testimony. I have a testimony that after this life we have the opportunity to live with our families for the eternities. I have a testimony that when we are struggling and we go and read our scriptures, our obedience to reading the scriptures will give us peace and comfort and strengthen us. I have a testimony that Christ atoned for my sins and that we are not alone through trails because he has done this for us. I know that the church is true. The lord strengthens me when I take the opportunity to share my testimony and I'm so grateful for the blessings I've received through obedience to the gospel.

No comments: